Thinking about creating a responsive website for your real estate business? Look no further. Here are a few tips as recommended by pro digital marketing agencies in Toronto to create a beautiful and SEO-friendly real estate website in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Getting a Domain Name
Before you start on anything else, your primary objective should be to secure a domain name for your business website.
So what exactly is a “domain name”?
It is nothing, but a unique web address made specifically for websites on the World Wide Web. For example,
“icreate3d.com” is the domain name of our business platform which is completely one-of-its-kind on the internet. You should also get yourself one ASAP.
Note: As far as domain name bookings are concerned, several domain registrars are available on the internet. Our preferred recommendation would be “GoDaddy.”
Step 2: Next up, Comes “Hosting”
So you have already reserved your domain name in the previous step. Now, it’s time you get some server space of your own to host your site on the World Wide Web.
Hosting is a mandatory prerequisite for starting any website. You just cannot avoid this no matter what.
Anyway, nothing to worry about. A host of web-hosting services are available on the internet today that can take care of this at a nominal charge. Our recommendation will be BlueHost; inexpensive and reliable.
Step 3: Setup Your Website Via WordPress
Why WordPress? Here are a few reasons:
- It’s free and open source.
- It is flexible because it comes with a lot of intuitive options.
- It is user-friendly, perfect for non-technical persons having no prior idea of web designing.
- It has vast availability of themes based on several niches, starting from the likes of Directory to Classified, to business websites, to e-commerce, to real estate, etc. You name it; it has it.
- It comes with a broad range of abilities that are capable of adding new features to your website.
Okay; so it must be convincing; isn’t it? Bet it is. Over to the main steps then.
The first thing that you should do is install WordPress at the host and associate it with the domain name. Here’s how:
- Log into your Bluehost control panel.
- Go to the website section and click on “Install WordPress.”
- Soon afterward, you’ll be asked to enter the domain name of your website. Enter it right there.
- Go to “advanced options” to change your username, password, and email address (if applicable).
- Accept the service agreement license and click on “Install Now” to complete the process.
With WordPress installed, you need to look for a proper real-estate theme. Read on to know more.
Step 4: Installing a Real Estate Theme
Plenty of professional real estate WordPress themes are available on the internet today that can turn your WordPress install into a fully functional website.
There’s no need for you to write lengthy codes or spend weeks on designing a website. Just a simple, straightforward download would suffice.
For more information on theme installation, refer to the following video:
Step 5: Install Sample/Dummy Data
Most premium themes on WordPress usually come with dummy or sample data that you can use as a reference for your website setup. Install this to ease things up.
After all, it is always better to start with sample data than a completely blank slate.
Step 6: Adjust The Looks Of Your Website
Now that you have your website ready with “sample data,” it’s time you update it with the real one. But before you delve deep into the task, you can also make a few changes if you want to personalize your business website.
Most themes are customizable and come with detailed documentation as to how you can customize it to your requirements.
Summing Up The Next Few Steps:
Upload the title and the site logo
Change background colors (if necessary).
Add pages and menu. You may use the “pages” option to add as many pages as you want.
Set up sidebars.
So there you have it. You have your brand new real-estate website ready in less than an hour. Happy listing!