As you know, the first impression is the last impression; a landing page of a website plays a vital role in sales conversion. It is the very first page visited by a user or a web crawler as soon as it accesses the website’s URL.
Skimming through the landing page a reader must understand who you are and what you are trying to sell. And this is equally appropriate for both human and search engine.
Here are a few tips for creating effective landing page:
• Put vital information regarding your product and services in an evident manner useful for both human and the search engine.
• Most important part should come first in the BODY tag.
• H1 tags should convey the core of the content.
• Keep the trophy keywords in STRONG tags in order to highlight them for search engine crawlers.
• Instead of a single large image keyword-rich text description proves more effective.
• Use standard code structure to minimize erroneous and defunct entries.
• Format the content with bold font, bullets and italics as needed.
• Use footer text describing your product or services. Optimize it with major key phrases as much as possible and in a palatable manner.
Remember, the landing page should contain information and links for what the visitors are looking for. It should instantly encourage users to delve deeper. A brief yet apt description of quality products or services or an illustration of reliable brand helps to eliminate users’ concern, thus creating possibility of converting them from potential customers to actual buyers.